Ten days (Nov 2-12), and over 150 guided tours, the third edition of Delhi Walk Festival (DWF) 2017 is certainly something to look forward to. Organised by Delhi I Love You, an independent socio-cultural movement, the walk palette is as vast as you can imagine, and if you even an inch of enthusiasm, you will find a walk that suits your taste. Thankfully, the weather is playing nice, so there is no sweating about it, right?
Why should I go for it?
- An amazing way to know the quirks of your own city
- Choose from a walk of your interest – there are many categories
- Heritage – explore the richness of Dilli’s past
- Nature –beautiful green patches you don’t know exist
- Food – Dilli ka khaana and its history
- Architecture, design and photography – perfect for students/ artists
- Music, art and culture – you will be pleasantly surprised
- Experimental or alternative – for the curious one
- Ditch those gadgets, meet people who share similar interests and make friends
- Participate in the DWF Instagram Contest to win return air tickets to Europe and 2 night stay at Andaz, Delhi
- Get inspired, who knows that hidden poet or musician in you might come alive
- Walking is the best known and harmless exercise mate
Needs more deets; And how do I get in?
You can choose the walk of choice and get your tickets at www.delhiwalkfestival.com. All tickets are priced at INR 472, which is inclusive of the time charges of the walk leader. While the tickets are non-refundable, one ticket admits one. For those with kids, children under the age of ten get free entry but you need to get them registered at email@example.com with your walk and ticket details.
Also, if you want to know about any walk in detail, each walk description has the contact details of the walk-leader. You can directly contact the leaders to discuss further.
Listen, take care
- There’s a little nip in the air, so carry something warm for early morns or evenings
- Carrying a pair of sunglasses and water never hurts anyone
- Wear comfortable shoes, you will be walking a lot! Ladies avoid heels!
- Advisable to wear full sleeves to prevent any insect bites/grass allergies
Event: Delhi Walk Festival
Contact: 9821189095, firstname.lastname@example.org
Where: Multiple locations across Delhi
When: November 2-12, 2017
Timings: Refer to your chosen walk details
Tickets: www.delhiwalkfestival.com and insider.in, Paytm
Children under age of 10 get free allowance, but need registration
So gear in the Dilliwala spirit and get walking! Here’s the schedule for you!
Content: ©Team Kyaa Karein
Photos: Delhi Walk Festival