When we came home from Di Ghent, Gurgaon, we were dreaming about that special pasta. While we are striving to get the chef special, here’s an easy recipe to make that lip-smacking white sauce pasta!
What all do you need?
- ¾ Cup Pasta (penne), boiled
- 1 carrot, peeled, chopped
- ⅓ Cup sweet corn kernels, boiled
- ½ each green and read capsicum, chopped
- ½ tablespoon butter
For white sauce
- 1 tablespoon maida
- 1¼ cup milk, boiled and cooled
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- Salt to taste
How do you cook now?
- Heat ½ tablespoon butter in a pan and sauté the chopped capsicums and sweet corn kernels. Remove and set aside.
- For the white sauce, add 1½ tablespoons butter in a pan and add maida. Whisk well. Add milk and mix on a low flame to avoid lumps.
- When you see the sauce thickening, add pepper powder, salt, chilli flakes and oregano. You may use basil or thyme as well. Mix well.
- Cook on low flame until the sauce turns smooth and thickens further.
- Add the previously sauteed veggies and mix.
- Now add boiled pasta and mix well.
- Serve white sauce pasta hot. You can serve with grated cheese and sprinkle some oregano powder for flavour.
We love pasta, and we are guessing that you do too. Tell us how did it come out in the comments!
Photo: Team Kyaa Karein